Creating a new website for your business is a good step and when you search for a list of web hosting companies, the venture can seem intimidating. Well, SiteGround can help you with several plans that are shared, dedicated, cloud hosting and managed WordPress plans etc. You can choose the plan that fits into your requirement criteria. Even though it doesn’t have all the options by newbie-friendly Editors’ Choice HostGator, but in many ways, SiteGround is more accommodating. No doubt, it’s a good choice for small and medium business. SiteGround Web Hosting is an independent web host, founded in 2004. It offers high-quality services to the customers.
They offer a spectrum of hosting solutions ranging from affordable to expensive hosting solutions. Before buying any web hosting, one should go through all the pros and cons of the web host. So let’s have a look at the SiteGround Web Hosting Pros and Cons.
Pros of SiteGround:
- Speed and Performance: A website’s speed and performance play a major role in targeting huge customers. It’s very simple that if your website is slow to open and loading time is big then no one would like to visit it and would skip your website, better go for next one which has high speed and performance. Even Google also ranks only those websites which are good in speed and performance along with other factors. The speed and performance of the SiteGround websites are deemed to be quite impressive since it has four data centers located on different continents of the world.
- Transparency and Helpful Video Tutorials: SiteGround is transparent and maintains video tutorials for newbies. Those who are new to the SiteGround web hosting, they can easily find and check all the options that they are searching for. A simple sign up process saves your time with SiteGround and very clear and transparent features, plans, prices are written on the plans. You don’t have to move from page to page to find a particular information on a hosting plan.
- Customer Support: A globally oriented web host should have a great customer support. When you visit the official website of SiteGround you can see an option of live chat on the header right side along with a phone number. You can also navigate your mouse to the section called ‘Our Support’ and click on any of the three options to get a response. Call on the phone number, chat with the technical expert or complaint your issue through tickets. SiteGround has dedicated, advanced expertise to help you 24/7 hours.
- Uptime: SiteGround promises to give high uptime and it ensures that 99.9% uptime should be maintained by them so that customers can’t face any problem. Its unique downtime prevention system automatically detects themselves the issues instantly.
- Plans and Pricing: SiteGround offers various plans for the small, medium and big businesses. You can get any plan from Shared hosting, Dedicated hosting, Cloud hosting, and WordPress hosting. Every plan has different features and prices. Thus, select one according to your need. It has three main plans under Shared hosting including StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek plan. StartUp plan is a perfect option for beginners. GrowBig plan is almost used plan under SiteGround and GoGeek plan is strictly for those who are geeks, who really needs extra features.
- Security: Security from malware, viruses, hacks is a need of this era. You must have heard thenews that thousands of websites have been hacked by hackers in the past. Even top level companies’ websites have been hacked therefore in order to get rid of this problem, SiteGround offers a security feature to all the users. It offers add-on HackAlert Monitoring at $1 per month. You can also get SSL certificate for security purpose which is admired by Google as well and it gains the people’s trust in your site.
- Money Back Guarantee: Yes, you heard right! It’s money back guarantee given by SiteGround within a time frame of 30 days. In these 30 days, if you aren’t satisfied with the speed and performance, uptime, and Cpanel or with customer support or you have any other issue then you can cancel your web hosting and get a refund.
- Free Transfers for Existing Websites: Just like some other web hosts, SiteGround also provides this feature of transferring your existing websites without charging. An expert team of SiteGround will take care of all the heavy lifting and won’t let you experience downtime throughout the complete process.
Cons of SiteGround:
- ‘Setup Fee’ for Monthly Billing: The advertising low monthly prices are catchy but not always actual with several web hosts, whereas SiteGround is straight forward and the low advertised price is for a year. They also provide you a monthly plan, if you want to go for it. Monthly price is also a low advertised but it also charges a one-time setup fee on these monthly plans of extra bucks of $14.95. And the worst part is that you don’t really find about this extra fee until the very last moment when entering the details of your credit card. It’s a hidden cost.
- Limited Space: While comparing with other web hosts, you would find that SiteGround’s storage is a little bit on small size. You better check the disk space before purchasing the web hosting service, in case you are concerned about it. However, you won’t face any problem with handling the visitors.
Final Verdict – Siteground Web Hosting: Pros and Cons
In a nutshell, SiteGround is a perfect choice for those who care about customer support, quick page speeds, good uptime etc. This web hosting company is one of the fastest growing web hosts. It also offers good security with 24/7 customer support via Live chat, phone, email and ticketing. SiteGround features automatic upgrades, Unlimited MySQL data, CDN, built in WP caching, one-click staging with amazing user interface Cpanel and much more. SiteGround has one problem that it has hidden the cost of $14.95 for monthly billing and you find it at the last moment of singing up. Well, it also has some limited disk space in comparison to others.