SiteGround is a web hosting company that provides lots of tools and applications to build a high level website with ease. SiteGround offers various services in hosting websites and building applications. It has 3 data centers located in Chicago (US), London (UK), and Singapore (SG) which is great according to geographical proximity for great speed. In this article, we are going to teach you how you can create manual MySQL database in SiteGround hosting. So the first thing you should know is that what is actually MySQL? What does it mean and why it is used?
MYSQL is an open source RDBMS(Relational Database Management System). In layman’s words, MySQL is the system that helps to put information into a database and this system enables searches very fast and accurate when it comes to finding a single word from a lengthy and complex data; this means it runs queries very fast. For an example, think about school result when we check our school result on a website. We fill our information like name and roll number and it gives us a whole page about our marks with details of us. It happens because of MySQL database. As our information from name to marks are stored on that MYSQL database of that particular school organization and we get whole information in seconds. It is the very popular client-server model that is an important part of all open source PHP applications. MySQL Databases uses these applications – Joomla, WordPress, phpBB, Drupal, MyBB, TYPO3, MODX and other software. It is used in high profile websites including Google, Twitter, Facebook & YouTube. So MySQL is a database management system that helps you to create a high level website that stores your important data in the database system. MySQL database server is reliable, easy to use and very fast. Many MySQL tools are provided free on SiteGround. SiteGround is experienced in providing technical support to MySQL sites.
Steps to Create Manual MySQL Database
- To create MySQL database on your web hosting account, you need to login Cpanel then go to Customer Area-> My Accounts section or you can use this link in your web browser – http://yourdomainname.com/cpanel.
- To create new Database, you need to go to the section which is named as Databases in your CPanel then click on MySQL Databases. Once you click on this option, you need to enter the name of the new database and click on the button named ‘Create Database’.
- Then a confirmation screen will appear before you, telling you that new database has been successfully added.
- Go back and add a new user to MySQL by filling username & password then submit it. You can also add a user to Database and for this you need to click on the add button. Once you are done with create database section you will be redirected to a page where you can choose the desired privileges and make changes.
Well, all of the above stages which are given can be accomplished using the MySQL Database Wizard.
Facing problem in creating manual MySQL data then you can also watch some videos on creation of MySQL Database in SiteGround Hosting
If you are facing problem in creating manual MySQL database, then you can watch some tutorials on it.
Otherwise, you can contact the technical team of SiteGround which is 24/7 hours available to help you out of any trouble. MySQL database creation is not a difficult task even for beginners. If you had created a database and added a wrong user then it’s easy to remove the privileged user from existing database by just following these steps.
- Login to Cpanel and go the MySQL Database then you will see some options named as Modify Databases, Current Databases, etc. What you need to do is to navigate your mouse to Current Databases and click on the users’ option where there is a symbol of the red cross or dustbin, there is the right point where you need to hit a click to remove the existing user. You can also delete the database which has been created by just clicking on ‘delete database’ button.
Sometimes we create some unwanted database in our hosting then we feel like that it doesn’t make any sense to us, you can delete or remove it in seconds without any delay and it is a hassle-free step. Once you are done with it, there will be a screen displaying that you have successfully deleted database or user from the database.
So, we hope that you have gone through all the steps and procedure aforementioned. Still, if you have any doubts, you can feel free to asks us via comments.