To create a website is very easy business. Even you are new in this field, you can create a website very easily. In today’s world, a good website has become the necessity to establish and expand your business. For new people, it may sound a very difficult job but it is in fact very easy. Before you make your website available to the people you have to decide a lot of things. First, you have to decide what kind of website you want to create. There are various kinds of the website on the internet today. These are blogs, online stores, galleries, forums and many others. Once you have chosen what kind of website you want to have. Now you can choose how to make your website. There are several ways you create a website. The easiest way to create a website is to use a site builder application. A site builder application offers you great looking templates and has a simple and yet very efficient navigation. Another way of creating and hosting your website is with SiteGround. SiteGround offers a special offer with an included Website Wizard in your hosting account. It is very easy if you want to create a website with SiteGround. You don’t need any HTML knowledge to create your website with SiteGround.
There are many web applications that can be used to setup a website. The web applications such as Joomla, WordPress or Coppermine help us to create great looking and functional websites. These content management systems are for more advanced users. They offer much more features than the SiteBuilder. SiteGround is compatible with over 250 applications. It is compatible with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Joomla, blogs in WordPress and Drupal. One can also create e-Shops such as e-Commerce, CREloaded, and Cube Cart. You can also use a more advanced web development application like Dreamweaver to create your website on your computer all by yourself and upload it to the server. Here you will have to be an advanced HTML user, but you will also have the most control options and space for your creativity. To decide which application is right for you, you can read the SiteGround tutorial on “How to start a new website”. In this tutorial, SiteGround has used some of the most frequently used tools suitable for the specific kind of website. SiteGround offers you also free script tutorials on the installation and usage of the best open-source applications. It also provides you knowledge base articles and free templates. When you want to create a website, the first thing that you have to do is get a domain name. The domain name is the unique name of your website, with which your visitors will find your page. For example, like google.com and yahoo.com are domain names. At SiteGround, you get a free domain name with your web hosting account.
Simply choosing a domain name will not help your website. In order to have your website available in the World Wide Web, you would need to have a place to host it. This hosting place is provided by the web hosting provider like SiteGround, Bluehost etc. The web hosting as a service incorporates the space where your website files are stored, the traffic to your website, and lots of extra services such as firewalls, technical assistance, email services, FTP access, domain name registration, website building tools and more. SiteGround web hosting services are specially designed to provide you with the best services. They help a lot to new users who want to start their website. In addition to the web hosting services it gives you the easiest tools which will help you start your own website. You can create any kind of website with SiteGround like a personal or family page with photos, a presentation of your company, a website for your online community, or even an online store. Once you sign up for a hosting account, you get full access to any of the tools, described above, and you can start building your web pages within minutes. Once you have chosen the web host, you can now choose the type of server you want. There are a lot of server types available with SiteGround. These come at a very reasonable price. A basic shared server will cost you just $3.95 a month. You can anytime switch to a bigger plan depending on your requirements. You can even start an E-Commerce business with SiteGround. SiteGround provides excellent e-commerce hosting services. You can use a free shopping cart application, such as osCommerce or Zen cart; use any of the popular merchant account providers, such as PayPal or 2CheckOut, use shared SSL certificate to secure your transactions.
Steps to Create a Website
1. To start the installation process, first, you need to download WordPress from its official download page. We recommend that you always download and install the latest stable version of WordPress.
2. Once you click on the Download button for the latest WordPress version, the installation package will be saved to your hard disk. Locate the installation package that you’ve just downloaded and extract it to a new folder.
3. Now, you need to upload the extracted files and folders to your web server. The easiest way to upload the installation files is via FTP.
4. Once the download is complete, extract the archive and upload it to your web hosting account. You can do that via FTP use a client application like Filezilla or via cPanel. Go to File Manager the click on Upload file(s).
5. If you want this WordPress installation to be main for your website, the files should reside in the public_html folder of your account. However, you can always make a subfolder (i.e. public_html/blog) if you want to run only part of your website on WordPress.
6. Now, you will need to create a MySQL database and assign a user to it with full permissions. Once you create your MySQL Database and user, make sure you write down the database name, database username, and password. You will need these for the installation process.
7. Now it’s time to navigate to your website to start the installation process. If you have uploaded WordPress in your public_html directory, you’ll need to go to http://yourdomain.com in your preferred browser. The first thing you will notice is a message, telling you that you don’t have a wp-config.php file and you should create one. Just click on the create a Configuration File button to proceed.
8. On this page, you will see a message, asking you to prepare the necessary information for the installation. Enter the details and press the Go!Button.
9. Enter the details for your newly created MySQL database and press the Submit button.
10. WordPress will now check if your settings are correct. If you have entered all the necessary information, you will see a confirmation screen. Press the Run the Install button to proceed.
11. On the next screen, you will have to enter the information about your administrative username and the title of your new site. In addition, you can specify whether you’d want search engines to index your site or not. Once you fill in that information, press the Install WordPress button. Kindly register a valid email address. It can be later used in case you forget your password.
Finally, your new WordPress application is installed. You can now log in to access the control of your website. Now you are free to post information on your new website with SiteGround.